Flashtec NVMe Controllers
16 AND 32 CHANNEL PCI EXPRESS® FLASH CONTROLLERS
The Microsemi Flashtec second-generation NVMe controller family enables the world’s leading enterprises and data centers to realize the highest performance SSDs utilizing the latest NAND technologies.
Combining world-class capacity and flexibility, the Microsemi Flashtec Controller family is the reliable choice. The Flashtec NVMe2032 and NVMe 2016 controllers support the standard NVM Express (NVMe) host interface and are optimized for high-performance 4KB random read/write operations, performing all flash management operations on-chip and consuming negligible host processing and memory resources. Independent testing by Demartek shows that a single Flashtec-based PCIe SSD can replace eight SATA SSDs and still deliver 2.5 times higher bandwidth while running an OLTP workload in a Microsoft SQL server database.
SSDs designed with Microsemi’s second-generation Flashtec™ NVMe™ Controllers can deliver up to one million I/O operations per second (IOPS) and 20TB of flash capacity. Independent testing by Demartek shows that a single Flashtec-based PCIe SSD can replace eight SATA SSDs and still deliver 2.5 times higher bandwidth while running an OLTP workload in a Microsoft SQL server database. Flashtec controllers also enable more than double the IOPS performance of other PCIe SSDs.
Flashtec’s advanced ECC engine provides superior endurance and increases the overall reliability of today’s SSD technologies and NAND geometries. Memory life is extended by implementing advanced LDPC correction utilizing both hard and soft decode techniques, significantly improving TCO and enabling differentiated solutions for both the Enterprise and Data Center Storage market segments.
The Flexible and programmable platform gives developers total control in SDD solution optimization. End users deploy these PCIe-SSD-based systems in their data centers for Cloud computing and business-critical applications, such as online transaction processing, financial data processing, database mining, and any other applications that are sensitive to latency and performance.
TCO & RELIABILITY
Microsemi’s Flashtec controller family provides the data integrity and reliability features expected in enterprise-class solutions. Flash reliability is ensured through a combination of exceptionally strong ECC and flash channel RAID.
Flashtec products are optimized for power savings utilizing a combination of architectural and semiconductor design techniques. Emphasis has been given not only to absolute power consumption but also to advance power management features, including automatic idling of processor cores and autonomous power reduction capabilities. The Flashtec family leverages the Enterprise NVM Express dynamic power management interface, enabling solutions to meet power and performance objectives through firmware to meet overall total cost of ownership goals
Articles & Awards
- The Register - PCIe is a Key Part of the Revolution That's Blurring the Boundaries Between Servers and Storage Arrays More Info
- CRN - 15 High-Performance Flash Solutions From The Flash Memory Summit More Info
- Tom's Hardware - Microsemi Flashtec NVRAM Drive Review More Info
- Tom'sIT Pro - Microsemi Flashtec NVRAM Drive Review More Info
- EETimes - Microsemi Scales Storage with PCIe, NVMe More Info
- SSD Review - Microsemi Demos New Flashtec NVMe Controllers and NVMe over RDMA – Flash Memory Summit 2015 Update More Info
- EETimes - Software-Defined Flash Anyone? More Info
- tom'sIT PRO - Microsemi Announces Flashtec NVMe SSD NVMe2106, NVMe2032 Controllers With LDPC More Info
- EnterpriseTech - A Raft of Flash Options Emerge for Datacenters More Info
- DataCenterDynamics - Microsemi Introduces Storage Switches for PCIe Flash More Info
- Data Center Knowledge - Microsemi Unveils Server Flash Switch, Faster SSD Controller More Info
- InfoStor - Microsemi Debuts PCIe Storage Switches at Flash Memory Summit More Info
- Transforming Networking Infrastructure - Microsemi Introduces PCI Express Storage Switches, SSD Controllers More Info
- CTR - Microsemi Debuts PCIe Storage Switches, SSD Controllers to Boost Performance Storage Tiers More Info
- Converge Network Digest - Microsemi Debuts Fastest SSD Contrillers and PCIe Switches More Info
- Analog and DSP - Microsemi Announces Industry’s First PCIe Storage Switches and Fastest SSD Controllers More Info
- Storage Review - Memblaze Introduces PBlaze4 700 Series of NVMe Compliant PCIe SSDs More Info
- tom'sIT PRO - OCZ Introduces NVMe Z-Drive 6000 PCIe SSD Series More Info
- The SSD Review - Memblaze And Microsemi Collaborate On PBlaze4 PCIe SSD For Hyperscale Data Centers – 3.2GB/s Reads and 850,000 IOPS! More Info
- Kitguru - Microsemi and Memblaze Unveil PCIe SSD with 8TB Capacity, 3.2GB/s Bandwidth More Info
- eTeknix - Memblaze and Microsemi Partner to Provide High-Performance PCIe SSDs Up to 8TB More Info
- TweakTown - Microsemi Flashtec NVMe Controllers to Power 8TB Memblaze PBlaze4 PCIe SSDs More Info
- Storage Review - Microsemi And Memblaze Partner On Next-Generation PCIe Flash Accelerator More Info
- EnterpriseTech - Memblaze Selects Microsemi’s Flashtec NVMe Controllers for New PBlaze4 Flash Accelerators More Info
- Digital Journal - Microsemi Gathers China’s Data Center Leaders for Flash Technology Forum in Beijing More Info
- The SSD Review - Samsung XS1715 SSD Review (1.6TB) – An NVMe SFF-8639 Monster at 3GB/s More Info
- Tweaktown - FMS 2014 - Roger Peene with Microsemi displays Flashtec NVRAM (video)
- Tweaktown - Flash Memory Summit 2013 - Microsemi Makes Debut and Briefs Us (video)
- Electronic Products Magazine - Flash memory controller speeds enterprise storage
- MicroTechnology Europe - Memory & Storage: Solid Foundation
- NVMe Enterprise Flash Controller wins "Product of the Year" by Electronic Products Magazine and "Best Electronic Design" by Electronic Design Magazine
- EE Times - NVMe powers SSDs in the enterprise
- Electronic Design - Innovations Push Processors And Storage Into New Digital Roles
- SSD Review - IDT Shows Off The First NVMe PCIe SSD Processor and Reference Design
- Electronic Design - Controllers Speed NVM Express Drive Delivery