Microsemi's Power over Ethernet splitters enables easy integration of the Power over Ethernet technology into legacy equipment.
Using the same infrastructure, without making any modifications to the end points, already designed devices, such as Wireless LAN access points, Web cameras or IP telephone sets become Power over Ethernet enabled when connected to the active splitter.
|5V Active Splitter||PD-AS-601/5**||5.5x2.5mm||Active|
|12V Active Splitter||PD-AS-701/12
|12/18/24V Active Splitters||PD-AS-951/12-24
* For specific model number of terminal see the Active Splitter Series Datasheet
** The splitter can only work with PoE switches that support Microsemi's pre-standard detection method. Please consult your supplier whether the switch PoE is Microsemi-inside and whether the pre-standard detection is enabled.
Enables fast and easy integration of Power over Ethernet technology into legacy equipment
- Separates the converged data and power lines into two distinctive lines, connecting to the Ethernet device according to the original design.
- Saves time and money in installation of Ethernet networks and promotes the benefits of using one central source to power all the IP devices in the network.
- Simplifies the modification of a device to be Power over Ethernet enabled, saving all the risks involved in redesign of the power stage in this device by a simple add on box.
- Short Circuit Protection: The active splitter supplies a totally secure power source, keeping the Ethernet device fully protected against any misuse or mistaken connection.
- Complete Isolation: The active splitter protects the hazards of ground loop currents, which typically exist when an Ethernet device has a metallic case. Two adjacent devices that share the same power source and touch each other create ground loops. The active splitter has an internal floating power source eliminating this phenomenon completely.