256/512GB XMC Secure Self‑Encrypting SSD
Model: MXMCM256 and MXMCM512
XMC Secure Solid-State Drive (SSD) with Self‑Encrypting Drive (SED) Technology
The MXMCM256/512 now expands the secure self-encrypting SSD family in an XMC format. This platform is a VITA 42.3 compliant board, offering a x2-lane PCI Express bus interface, plus a configurable SATA 2.6 interface that supports ATA‑7 and ATA-8. It is offered in an air cooled or conduction cooled XMC mezzanine storage solution designed for applications where data protection, endurance, and security is extremely important. This solution incorporates the Microsemi Armor™ II proprietary flash processor and utilizes high performance and reliable SLC NAND solid state flash technology. The security features include AES-256 XTS encryption (NIST certified), where the loaded encryption key can be purged within 30ms.
- XMC form factor
- 256 GB and 512 GB available capacities
- XMC Interfaces
- x2 PCIe interface conforms to VITA 42.3
- SATA Interface up to 3 Gb/s
- SLC NAND flash technology
- Multiple key management options
- Power: 5V or 12V ± 10%
- Storage temperature:
- Up to -55° C to +105° C ambient
- Sustained sequential reads/writes: 175/200 MB/s
- Reset–to-ready time: < 2 seconds
- Power: (5V, 25°C)
- R/W: 4.5W typical
- Idle: 1.5W typical
Data Management and Protection
- Superior ECC (Error Correction)
- UBER, 1 sector per 10-18 bits read
- BIST, Built In Self Test
- MTBF: >2,000,000,000 hours @ 25°C
- Write endurance up to 9 PB (MXMCM512)
- Read and write wear leveling
- Power loss protection
- No data loss during power interruptions
Docs & Specs
Microsemi is focused on serving our customers with unsurpassed responsiveness and technical expertise. We offer a wide range of services designed to deliver the best combination of technology, products and support to our customers.
We can respond to your design questions via the General Support form.
To contact us directly, phone 1.602.437.1520.