Securing Modern Soldier Comms
The goal: A highly secure battlefield network for enhanced communications and situational awareness. Technology advances have revolutionized military communications, vastly increasing connectivity requirements for every vehicle, sensor and soldier, whether on land, sea or air. The macro trend to connect everything is evident even on the battlefield, where every “thing,” including soldiers, can be sensors for maneuver command, control, communications and intelligence. Like any modern communications system, ubiquitous mobile coverage for the military relies on networks, bandwidth, availability and security.
This network-centric approach to make troops smarter and quicker in battlefield situations imposes rigorous security, performance and reliability challenges. Soldier communications equipment, such as military handheld radios, need to perform in extremely harsh and hostile environments, making it crucial to find a components resource you can trust.
Microsemi is the leading supplier of semiconductor products into the defense and aerospace market. Our portfolio for enabling secure soldier communications over handheld military radio includes:
- Circuit Protection » Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS)
- Audio & Voice » Audio Processing
- Network Synchronization » IEEE 1588
- Ultra Low-Power Wireless » Sub-GHz Radio Transceivers
- FPGAs » IGLOO2 FPGAs
- SoC FPGAs » SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs
- RF, Microwave & Millimeter Wave » MMICs (Die & SMT)
- RF Discretes » Power Transistor Products (Si BJT, MOSFET & GaN)