Switchtec PCIe Storage Switches
SWITCHTEC PSX PCIe GEN3 STORAGE SWITCH FAMILY
Microsemi Switchtec™ PSX PCIe Storage Switches enable PCIe SSD-based systems to scale, with the resiliency, programmability and advanced diagnostics needed for mass deployment. Together, Switchtec PCIe storage switches and Flashtec PCIe controllers provide an end-to-end solution to reliably scale the next-generation performance tier of storage.
Microsemi Flashtec & Switchtec: Scaling the Performance Storage Tier
Microsemi scales performance storage tier with industry’s first PCIe storage switches and fastest SSD controllers, enabling end-to-end, reliable PCIe deployment in hyperscale and enterprise data centers.
Switchtec™ PSX PCIe Storage Switches - Solve the Scale-Out Storage Challenge
Microsemi’s Switchtec™ PSX PCIe Storage Switches enable PCIe SSD-based systems to scale, with the resiliency, programmability and advanced diagnostics needed for mass deployment.
Switchtec PSX storage switches are engineered to scale PCIe flash in high-performance storage systems, with enterprise-class resiliency and the industry’s lowest power. Systems built with Swtichtec PSX consume up to 60 percent less power than those using other PCIe switches, enabling a savings of nearly 1000 Watts per rack. They also require 75 percent fewer devices than standard switches in a typical flash array, allowing system designers to increase flash density, lower bill of materials costs, and improve the mean time before failure for higher reliability.
The Switchtec PSX family includes switches from 24 lanes to 96 lanes, providing:
- The most flexible port bifurcation in the industry, from x2 to x16 lanes per port;
- The highest port and Non-Transparent Bridge (NTB) density, with up to 48 ports and 48 NTBs;
- The highest switch partition density, with up to 24 for efficient use of system resources;
- Advanced error containment and surprise-plug and unplug support to prevent system crashes;
- The industry’s first integrated programmable processor, enabling customers to use the PSX Software Development Kit to enhance PCIe switch functionality and error handling;
- The industry’s first integrated Enclosure Management solution, simplifying software development and improving time-to-market;
- Advanced diagnostics and debug features to identify, diagnose and fix problems;
- Microsemi’s 5th generation SERDES for low-power, best-in-class signal integrity; and
- SRIS for cabled PCIe and lower cost system designs.
Articles & Awards
- Forbes - Weaving A Fabric For Faster Cloud Storage With NVMe More Info
- CRN - 15 High-Performance Flash Solutions From The Flash Memory Summit More Info
- The Register - PCIe is a Key Part of the Revolution That's Blurring the Boundaries Between Servers and Storage Arrays More Info
- EETimes - Microsemi Scales Storage with PCIe, NVMe More Info
- SSD Review - Microsemi Demos New Flashtec NVMe Controllers and NVMe over RDMA – Flash Memory Summit 2015 Update More Info
- EETimes - Software-Defined Flash Anyone? More Info
- tom'sIT PRO - Microsemi Announces Flashtec NVMe SSD NVMe2106, NVMe2032 Controllers With LDPC More Info
- EnterpriseTech - A Raft of Flash Options Emerge for Datacenters More Info
- DataCenterDynamics - Microsemi Introduces Storage Switches for PCIe Flash More Info
- Data Center Knowledge - Microsemi Unveils Server Flash Switch, Faster SSD Controller More Info
- InfoStor - Microsemi Debuts PCIe Storage Switches at Flash Memory Summit More Info
- Transforming Networking Infrastructure - Microsemi Introduces PCI Express Storage Switches, SSD Controllers More Info
- CTR - Microsemi Debuts PCIe Storage Switches, SSD Controllers to Boost Performance Storage Tiers More Info
- Converge Network Digest - Microsemi Debuts Fastest SSD Contrillers and PCIe Switches More Info
- Analog and DSP - Microsemi Announces Industry’s First PCIe Storage Switches and Fastest SSD Controllers More Info
- eeCatalog - Overcoming The Limitations Of Standard PCIe Switching In The Data Center More Info