DIGI-G4 is Microsemi’s fourth-generation OTN processing solution for next-generation OTN switching and packet-optical transport (POTP / P-OTN), WDM / ROADM, and hyperscale data center interconnect (DCI) equipment. Building on the innovations in Microsemi’s DIGI-120G, which is widely deployed in service provider and hyperscale data center WAN networks today, DIGI-G4 is the industry’s densest 4x100G Multi-Service OTN processor, scaling line card capacity by 4x, while reducing power per port by 50 percent. DIGI-G4 addresses the requirements of SDN-ready, encrypted optical transport infrastructure. Reusing Microsemi’s proven, service provider-qualified DIGI family OTN switching software development kit (SDK), DIGI-G4 can be leveraged across multiple applications and equipment platforms, providing OEMs with the lowest risk, fastest time-to-market and lowest cost of development.
- Industry’s first single-chip 400G line card solution for OTN switching on P-OTP / P-OTNs
- Industry’s first sub-wavelength Layer 1 OTN encryption solution to secure the cloud
- Industry’s first 25G granularity flexible OTN framer to DSP interface providing scalable line-rates to next-generation Coherent DSPs
- Industry’s highest density 10G, 40G and 100G multi-service support, including Ethernet, Storage, IP/MPLS and SONET/SDH
- Transport SDN-ready features, enabling OpenFlow extensions such as network element neighbor discovery
Benefits for Service Providers & OEMs
- Lowers CAPEX & OPEX of service provider 100G deployments
- High-capacity hybrid packet/OTN switching & aggregation maximizes 100G wavelength utilization
- Universal line card solution simplifies line card inventory management
- Supports emerging hyperscale data center interconnect transport requirements
- Flexible, low latency, protocol agnostic Layer 1 OTN payload encryption
- Flexible on-chip OTN switch & Interlaken interconnects enable design of compact, scalable, ‘rack-and-stack’ data center interconnect WAN transport platforms
- Supports transition to transport SDN-based network architectures
- Flexible hybrid packet/OTN mapping, aggregation & switching enables virtualization of 100G optical infrastructure
- Hitless, on-demand scaling of optical connections
- Features to enable OpenFlow extensions such as network element neighbor discovery
- Accelerates time-to-market & lowers development costs for OEMs
- High-performance, field-proven OTN-SDK built upon the DIGI family code base, allowing OEMs to reuse existing software investments
- ‘Application-centric’ APIs reduce time-to-market by up to 6 months.
- Optimizes power, footprint and cost of line cards:
- Integrated 100G gearbox for direct connect to CFP2, CFP4 and QSFP28 transceivers.
- Connects directly to many off-the-shelf Network Processors & Switch Fabrics
- Integrated PLLs & GCC processor reduces the need for auxiliary components