PM5440 DIGI 120G
The PM5440 DIGI 120G represents Microsemi's 3rd generation Metro OTN processing solution for Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) Platforms, Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs), and Packet Optical Transport Platforms (P-OTPs). This device is a high-capacity, channelized, single-chip OTN processor that provides unprecedented scalability and feature-integration to enable Metro OTN switching and transport deployments. The DIGI 120G enables power and cost efficient 12x10G / 3x40G / 100G line cards for OTN switching systems, and Transponder/Muxponder/ADM cards with integrated ODU0/ODUflex support for OTN transport systems.
The DIGI 120G provides a rich set of framing, mapping, multiplexing and switching resources for a variety of rates and protocols including OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet and Fiber Channel. It can be leveraged easily across multiple applications and multiple equipment platform types to reduce OEM development cost and accelerate time to market.
Reducing line card power and bill-of-material by more than fifty percent, DIGI 120G stands uniquely differentiated as:
- Industry's only single-chip solution delivering 12x10G, 3x40G or 1x100G port densities
- Industry's highest number of 10G ports enabling 2x higher density 10G OTN line cards
- Industry's highest gain 40G/100G enhanced-FEC extending optical reach by 2x vs GFEC
- Industry's only 120G OTN solution with OIF's OTN-over-Packet Fabric Protocol (OFP)
- First OTN processor to enable hitless packet traffic scaling with ITU-T's G.hao/G.7044
- Flexible per port client-mapping of OTN, Ethernet, Storage, IP/MPLS and SONET/SDH
Typical Applications include:
- Multi-service 12x10G / 3x40G / 100G line, client and hybrid cards for P-OTPs.
- Packet to OTN Interworking cards for P-OTPs.
- High capacity 10G / 40G / 100G Transponder, Muxponder and ADM cards for WDM/ROADMs.
- Scalable 120G to 240G ODUk Cross-Connect.
- Compact Metro WDM/ROADM platforms.
- Channelized OTN Line Cards for Routers.