FAE Conference 2014 FAQ
- Which airport should I fly through?
You should book all airline travel via Orange County/John Wayne Airport(SNA) if possible, or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), if necessary.
- How will I get to and from the airport?
The Irvine Marriott offers a free shuttle from Orange County/John Wayne Airport(SNA). From Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) you would need to take a cab or shuttle service.
- What is the dress code?
Dress code is business casual.
- What will the weather be like?
The weather in Orange County is generally still warm in October but please check the Weather report before you depart.
- Where will I be staying?
Microsemi has contracted with the Irvine Marriott in Irvine,California, located approximately one mile from the Orange County/John Wayne Airport(SNA).
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612
- How can I make my reservation?
Filling out the FAE Conference 2014 Registration Form will register you for the event and your hotel reservation will be made based on the information your provide.You should not try to register directly with the hotel.
- What if I plan to drive to the conference?
Self Parking is available at the Irvine Marriott at a discounted rate of $8/day.
- Is my hotel room paid for?
Accommodation will be reserved for you based on registration on this site. Hotel room expenses are assigned as shown below.
- Microsemi will cover hotel room and taxes for all attendees.
- What expenses are covered?
- Breakfast,Lunch and Snack during the 5-day conference training period.
- A free shuttle is available through the Irvine Marriott to/from Orange County/John Wayne Airport(SNA)
- What expenses are not covered?
Attendees are responsible for any other travel or car rental.
High Speed Internet access is available for an additional $5/day for all guest rooms
Room service, mini-bar, laundry services, rental cars, in-room entertainment, non-scheduled meals/cocktails, spa treatments and other miscellaneous onsite expenses will NOT be covered by Microsemi. You will be required to provide a credit card on check-in to cover those expenses.
- Other things Microsemi will NOT cover?
Microsemi will NOT reimburse you for a Rental Car. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel for the nights that there is nothing scheduled with the group.
- What are the laptop requirements to run all of the hands-on labs during the conference?
- Windows 7 64-bit OS
- Libero SoC v11.4 SP1 Installation and Licencing Instructions
- 3.5 GB of free disk space for Libero SoC Software
- 8GB of RAM
- A SmartFusion2 Security Evaluation Kit will be provided
- Please bring your FlashPro4 programmer - you will be provided with a FlashPro4 if you do not have one
- You are encourage to bring your own Ethernet cable - you will be provided with an Ethernet cable if you do not have one