EmCraft Systems is a provider of hardware and software solutions for embedded applications, specifically those based on open platforms such as Linux ®, PICMG ®-defined modular platforms, and others.
EmCraft has intimate knowledge of the Microsemi SmartFusion ® hardware architecture and programming interfaces from years of active participation in a number of projects centered around the SmartFusion technology. With the release of SmartFusion2, Emcraft has remained a close partner in developing a hardware platform to showcase some of the capabilities of SmartFusion2 while also leveraging their expertise in embedded Linux.
As a general technology overview, EmCraft has in-depth experience with the Linux kernel and U- boot firmware, with an emphasis on a range of uses in various embedded applications. EmCraft has performed numerous projects involving the development and maintenance of embedded Linux distributions.
EmCraft has offices in Oceanside, California and in Moscow, Russia.
Products and Services
SmartFusion2 System-on-Module Starter KitMicrosemi's SmartFusion2 Starter Kit provides designers with access to SmartFusion2 system-on-chip (SoC) FPGAs, which integrate inherently reliable flash-based FPGA fabric, a 166 MHz ARM Cortex-M3 processor, advanced security processing accelerators, DSP blocks, SRAM, eNVM and industry required high-performance communication interfaces all on a single chip.
Hardware Feature Overview
- SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA in the FG896 package (M2S050T-FG896ES)
- JTAG interface, for programming of the SmartFusion2 device
- 10/100 Ethernet interface and RJ-45 connector
- USB OTG interface and mini-USB connector
- USB based Wi-Fi Module
- 64MB LPDDR, 16MB SPI flash
- User push-button connected to GPIO on the SOM
- Two user-controlled LEDs connected to GPIO on the SOM
- Breadboard area available for GPIO or FPGA I/O connection
- Power good LED indicating presence of the +3.3 V SOM power
- Reset push button, Reset-out LED
- On-module clocks
- Watchdog Timer (WDT)
- Serial console interface at UART CMOS levels
- Low power mode with fast wake-up times
- Depending on the design, can provide necessary power supply voltages (+5 V, +3.3 V, +1.5 V for power-optimized SOM operation) from external sources through dedicated pads on the breadboard.
Additional information about this product is available here: SmartFusion2 Starter Kit
SmartFusion System-on-Module Starter Kit
EmCraft's uClinux-ready SmartFusion System-on-Module is specifically designed to make it easy, quick, and cost-effective for embedded system designers to start using the Microsemi SmartFusion device and uClinux software in their applications.
The system-on-module is 30x57mm in size and combines the SmartFusion SoC FPGA with external Flash, RAM, and an Ethernet PHY. It comes preloaded with uClinux.
Here are the main supported features of Emcraft's uClinux BSP for the Microsemi SmartFusion:
- Ethernet device driver and networking (ping, NFS, Telnet, FTP, ntpd, etc.)
- SNMP agent
- Secure shell (ssh) server
- Web server (httpd)
- Framebuffer device driver
- JFFS2 Flash file system with wear-leveling
- POSIX threads
- Process-to-kernel and process-to-process protection using the Memory Protection Unit (MPU) of the Cortex-M3 core
- Hardened exception handling; an exception triggered by a process affects only the offending process
- Ability to run portions of Linux kernel code from internal Flash of the SmartFusion
- Loadable kernel modules.
Additional information about this product is available here: http://www.emcraft.com/Microsemi-SmartFusion-SOM
EmCraft Systems provides a contract development service for products based on the Microsemi SmartFusion and SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs. This service includes:
- Developing and reviewing hardware designs based on the SmartFusion/SmartFusion2 architecture
- Porting U-Boot and Linux to custom platforms based on the SmartFusion/SmartFusion2 architecture
- Developing, porting, and enhancing U-Boot and Linux device drivers and software frameworks for SmartFusion/SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs
- Developing custom firmware and drivers for SmartFusion/SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs
For information about pricing and obtaining products or services, please contact EmCraft Systems directly.
Contact InformationFor additional information, contact EmCraft Systems at:
10/9, B. Tulskaya street, office 9505
EmCraft Systems LLC
2191 S. El Camino Real