RF DiodesMicrosemi’s RF diode and control component operations, has been manufacturing since 1988 high reliability RF and microwave products. Microsemi supplies a full range of Silicon and Gallium Arsenide diodes, including PIN diodes and limiter diodes, tuning and multiplier varactors, noise diodes, Schottky-barrier diodes, MNS chip capacitors and Gunn Diodes. Mircosemi leverages these best in class products in its solid state control components and sensor products. Microsemi's product base allows us to support frequencies from 100 Hz through millimeter wave.
Military and Space ApplicationsAll Mircosemi's RF Diodes can be hermetically sealed to meet the most stringent military or space requirements and can be combined to include several functions in a single high reliability package. Typical of these integrated packages are switch/limiters, limiter/detectors, switch matrices and switched filters.
IntegrationIntegrated packages can provide higher performance benefits at lower cost than by designing with individual components. To assure the engineering expertise that will attain your desired performance levels, Microsemi only provides assemblies where we can control the high-risk components. In that way, Microsemi is able to develop custom packaging that meets your most demanding specifications.
Ongoing Standard and Custom DevelopmentMicrosemi continues to develop low cost surface mount PIN and Limiter solutions which offer performance more often associated with expensive chip and wire bonding assemblies. They are available in several reflow friendly configurations which allow the customer new opportunities for economical designs. Microsemi also can offer a significant number of existing configurations to minimize your NRE and provides many customers with microwave components no longer available from their original suppliers. Microsemi's extensive library of products and designs gives us the ability to respond quickly with solutions to meet your needs, quickly and cost effectively.
RF TransistorsThe Microsemi RF and microwave power transistor products group specializes in supporting customers in the avionics, communications, medical, and radar markets with full line-ups of products meeting the demanding requirements of transmitter amplifier systems, operating in airborne, ground based, missile, MRI, ship borne and space environments.
Most RF and microwave power amplifier transmitter systems are designed for a product life cycle of 15 to well beyond 25 years. Microsemi RF & microwave transistor product offerings are unique in supporting applications throughout the full life cycle. Microsemi's silicon and silicon carbide wafer foundries produce a very broad range of transistor die covering the frequencies from HF through 3.5 GHz, CW and Pulsed. Microsemi's facilities are fully ISO9001 certified and supply product for commercial, defense, medical, and space applications. Combined with the use of the most advanced modern equipment for both manufacturing and test, is statistical process control (SPC) to achieve the best continual process improvement (CPI).
- Microwave & RF Power Products Catalog
- GaN and SiC RF Power Transistor Selection Guide
- Sensors & Semiconductor Diodes Selection Guide
- RF & Microwave Diode and Transistor Product Catalog
- MicroSolutions - Microwave Diode Packages
- Micronote 701 - PIN Diode Fundamentals
- Micronote 702 - IFF Systems use PIN Diodes
- Micronote 703 - PINs & GaAs MESFET Switches-Effects on Linearity
- Micronote 704 - The Potential use of RF PIN Diodes in Hand Held Transceivers
- Micronote 705 - RF Frequency Linear Tuning Varactors
- Micronote 706 - Low Distortion RF FM Generation and Detection Using Hyper-Abrupt Tuning Diodes
- Micronote 707 - RF HF-VHF-UHF Voltage Controlled Oscillators using HyperAbrupt Tuning Diodes
- Micronote 708 - The Advantages of PIN Diode Switches Over MESFET Switches for IEEE 802.11a High Speed Wireless LAN Applications
- Micronote 709 - The 3G Power Game: Quiescent Current and Intelligent Biasing
- Micronote 711 - Analysis of NMR/MRI Coils using PIN Diode Switches