At Microsemi Corporation, we recognize that we owe our success to our employees and strive to create a supportive environment where our employees can thrive. We're committed to providing substantial benefit packages that include competitive salaries, extensive health insurance options, generous 401(k) packages with matching funds, educational tuition reimbursement, and flexible vacation and leave alternatives for individuals, families, and military personnel.
Please note the following benefits overview is applicable for US-based employees only. Benefit packages vary by geographic regions. Eligibility for most benefits begins on hire date. Eligible dependents are covered up to age 26. For more detailed information on specific benefits, please contact the local Human Resources office.
Health & Wellness
Full-time and most part-time employees are eligible for medical insurance coverage. Our package includes
- Comprehensive medical (HMOs and PPOs)
- Vision benefits.
- Complete dental care, including orthodontia.
- Long-term care for employee and relatives (including parents & parents-in-law).
- An employee assistance program with confidential counseling services for employees and their family members
- Voluntary medical benefits through Aflac such as Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Accident Insurance.
- Voluntary legal services through Hyatt Legal
- Life insurance. Guaranteed issue (Evidence of Insurability not required) for optional life insurance coverage is $250,000 for eligible employees and $50,000 for spouses.
- Short and long-term disability provided at no cost to eligible employees.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) with a debit card for FSA medical.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with debit card. Eligible employees may contribute pre-tax funds up to the IRS annual limit to be used for health expenses.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan. Eligible employees may elect to contribute up to a certain percentage of their pre-tax total compensation, not to exceed the annual limits established by the Internal Revenue Service.
Personal and Professional Enrichment
- Flexible work schedules (at some locations, depending on job eligibility).
- 11 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation time, accrued each pay period based on years of service
- Educational reimbursement. Eligible employees are encouraged to continue learning within their profession or career. Accordingly, all full-time employees may be eligible to receive tuition reimbursement for educational courses directly related to their position with the company.
- Career growth. Microsemi offers employees various opportunities for job/career development, including training seminars, conferences, and educational forums.
Sharing in Microsemi Success
At Microsemi, we share our success with the employees who make it possible.
- Bonus programs. Eligible employees may receive bonuses based on their performance and company performance.
- Profit sharing. Employees may be eligible to receive a portion of the company annual profits based on corporate guidelines.
- Stock awards. Employees may be eligible to receive awards based on their position and corporate guidelines.
- Employee referral program. Exceptional individuals often keep the same company. Current employees who refer applicants who join the Microsemi team are eligible to receive a lump-sum bonus.
- Patent award program. To encourage and stimulate patent generation and recognize employees for the intellectual property they generate, Microsemi rewards employees for patents that are of direct or indirect use to our business efforts.
- Convenient on-site services such as a cafeteria, dry cleaning, and gym (at some locations).