The SmartRAID 3162-8i offers an industry-leading level of integration by providing an integrated super capacitor directly on the adapter to support write cache data protection.
This sixth generation of ZMCP integrates the cache backup circuitry, NAND flash memory, and the field-replaceable super capacitor all onto the adapter itself, with no need to tether an external super capacitor to the adapter.
Ultimately, this saves space in the server, a critical ingredient for deploying high-density data centers. Many studies have shown that these data centers can save as much as 50 percent in capital expenditures and 20 percent in operating expenditures compared to those with dense data center rack deployments.
The SmartRAID 3162-8i /e introduces the industry’s first general market 12 Gbps SAS/SATA RAID adapter with maxCrypto™, a line rate controller-based encryption (CBE) solution offering superior security and flexibility compared to disk-based encryption solutions.
Encryption for data at rest is a requirement for multiple markets, with government legislation in place mandating data security and privacy. Microsemi’s SmartRAID 3162-8i /e with the maxCrypto CBE solution enables data center customers to select 256-bit XTS advanced encryption standard (AES) encryption for any logical volume managed by the SmartRAID 3162-8i /e at full line-rate performance. Microsemi’s maxCrypto CBE solution provides a higher level of security and improved deployment flexibility compared to the most common alternative solution, self-encrypting drives (SEDs).
The SmartRAID 3162-8i and SmartRAID 3162-8i /e devices are optimized for enterprise storage applications that require the highest level of data availability in an optimized footprint.
• 8 lanes of PCIe Gen3 connectivity to the host
• 8 internal ports of connectivity to 12 Gbps SAS or 6 Gbps SATA drives, either direct or through a SAS expander (through SFF-8643 mini-SAS high-definition connectors)
• 2 GB of DDR4 2100 MHz
• Up to 1.45 million RAID0 4 KB random read input/output operations per second (IOPs)
• Hardware RAID support for levels 0/1/5/6/10/50/60/1 ADM/10 ADM
• maxCache 4.0 with up to ~2 TB solid state drive (SSD) cache
• Integration with the Microsemi Adaptec tool chain, including maxView Storage Manager graphical user interface (GUI), ARCCONF, uEFI BIOS configuration utilities, and the maxView Event Monitor
Microsemi’s Unified Smart Storage Stack, as well as the fourth generation SmartRAID 3100, SmartHBA 2100, and HBA 1100 series board level product families, are now available in volume production quantities. For more information, visit www.microsemi.com/smartstorage or contact email@example.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.