To further demonstrate our commitment to Space, Microsemi has recently participated in the following events:
Space FPGA Users Working Group (SEFUW) at European Space Agency Technical Headquarters, Noordwijk NL, (9 April –11 April)
• Microsemi presented RTG4 product updates, covered qualification, reliability, radiation, new CQ352 package (Ceramic Quad Flat), and provided an update on LX7730 Telemetry Manager and LX7720 Motor Control Manager
• Microsemi showcased a demo of RTG4 running a RISC-V processor to control an LX7730 Telemetry Manager
• To obtain a copy of the presentations please contact Ken O’Neill (KenO@microsemi.com)
Space Parts Working Group (SPWG), Torrance, CA, (10 April – 11 April)
Microsemi’s key speakers during the event were Dorian Johnson (Product Marketing Manager, Mixed Signal & ASIC High-Reliability ICs) and Scott Murphy (Space Product Line Manager, Piezo Oscillator Products). In addition to reinforcing our Microsemi space heritage and capabilities, they also discussed the latest news about our power components and space discretes, our RTG4 FPGA qualification and our Space System Managers including LX7720 Motor Control Manager and LX7730 Telemetry Manager, describing our capabilities and heritage in custom radiation-hardened analog/mixed-signal ICs.
Microsemi also provided a detailed look at our frequency and timing products, including precision oscillators with temperature compensation or oven control, and atomic clocks including our new chip scale atomic clock.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who joined us in our well-attended sponsored luncheon during the Space Parts Working Group event. To obtain presentations, please contact Microsemi’s space marketing team: email@example.com and Scott.Murphy@microsemi.com
Hardened Electronics and Radiation Technology (HEART) – Tucson, AZ, (16 April – 19 April)
Microsemi exhibited and presented a report on dose-rate radiation testing on the LX7730 Telemetry Manager.
Contact Dorian Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details, however customers are advised that this material has restricted distribution.
SpaceWire 2018 – Long Beach CA, 14 May – 18 May
• Microsemi provided the opening address at the event, highlighting the company’s 60 years of experience developing solutions enabling customers to meet the demanding requirements of the space market.
• Ken O’Neill, director of marketing, space and aviation at Microsemi, presented a keynote on the growing interest in satellite constellations and thoughts about reduced-screening Sub-QML components.
• Julian Di Matteo, product marketing engineer at Microsemi, presented preliminary single event effect test data on RTG4 SERDES, on a paper titled “SerDes Single Event Effects in 65 nm Flash-based RTG4 FPGAs”.
To obtain the keynote presentation or preliminary radiation report please contact Microsemi space marketing team: KenO@microsemi.com, Minh.U.Nguyen@microsemi.com, Julian.Dimatteo@microsemi.com
Single Event Effects Symposium / Military and Aerospace Programmable Logic Design Conference (SEE/MAPLD) – La Jolla, CA, 21 May – 25 May
• Nadia Rezzak presented preliminary test results on our new generation of 28 nm FPGAs , on a paper titled “Neutron and Proton Induced Single Event Effects on Microsemi PolarFire SONOS-based FPGA”.
• Nadia also presented a tutorial called “FPGA Basics and FPGA SEE Testing.”
To obtain the presentation or preliminary radiation reports please contact Microsemi space marketing team: KenO@microsemi.com, Minh.U.Nguyen@microsemi.com, Julian.Dimatteo@microsemi.com
IEEE Nuclear and Space Radiation Effects Conference (NSREC) – Kona, Hawaii, 16 July – 20 July
Microsemi experts presented the following papers at NSREC “TID Testing of Integrated Motor Controller LX7720” and “Neutron and Proton Characterization of Microsemi 28 nm PolarFire SONOS-Based FPGA.” To obtain presentations, please contact Microsemi’s space marketing team: email@example.com and KenO@microsemi.com
Follow Microsemi on LinkedIn.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.