MaxCrypto™ Controller Based Encryption: Secure and High Performing for Data Centers
Microsemi’s evolutionary maxCrypto™ controller based encryption technology, available on the Microsemi SmartROC 3100 and SmartIOC 2100 controllers, offers the most secure, high performance solution for data centers requiring maximum I/O connectivity and low latency. MaxCrypto ensures that customer sensitive data is encrypted and protected by secure 256 bit AES, in-line encryption. As soon as the unique maxCrypto key associated with a specific controller is removed, data is unreadable.
Advantages of maxCrypto™ over Self-Encrypting Drives
● Controller silicon based
● Support for all disk media (HDDs, SSDs)
● Pre-boot support for key management to enable boot volumes
● OS independent
● Compliance testing can be done on an adapter level and leveraged for all kinds of configurations
Scalable Enterprise Solution
● One button, local or remote key management
● No performance impact (runs at PCIe 3.0 x8 line rate)
● All data at rest (256 XTS-AES encryption; FIPS 140-2 compliant)
● Can be deployed with any standard server and storage appliance
● Supported with any RAID volume and single drive RAID 0
● Expansion into HBA devices is feasible
● SAS drives (full use case)
● SATA drives (limited use case)
MaxCrypto™ is available with select SmartROC and SmartIOC products.
More information on maxCrypto controller based encryption technology.
Tags: Controller Based Encryption, Data Encryption, High Performance Solutions for Data Centers, Secure Solution for Data Centers
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.