Ethernet in Infrastructure
Microsemi is a premier supplier for the communications industry and well known for its high value-added semiconductor systems and services for the enterprise, data center, and telecom equipment markets. Microsemi’s technology expertise and understanding of the unique challenges facing both OEM system designers and carriers has translated into an industry-leading portfolio that can help drive innovation in your next-generation communications equipment designs. The following examples are some of the Ethernet infrastructure applications Microsemi serves within Enterprise, Access, and Industrial IoT (IIoT).
Enterprise Ethernet Switches
Rising demand for various applications, appliances, and bandwidth in the enterprise environment propels the need for high-performance, secure, and reliable Ethernet switches. With the industry’s only service-aware architecture embedded in the Ethernet switch itself, Microsemi can help develop highly service-aware, agile, and secure enterprise Ethernet switching equipment. Combined with Microsemi’s industry-leading Power over Ethernet (PoE) and clock synchronization offerings, customers can streamline development and accelerate time to market with a complete solution from Microsemi.
• Leading provider of end-to-end PoE ICs and midspans/injectors since 1999, with broadest PoE product portfolio for indoor and outdoor deployments including:
– Highest integration, dynamic power management PSE ICs, future-ready to support IEEE 802.3bt standard
– Highest integration, lowest power dissipation ideal diode bridges
– Lowest RDS(ON) PD ICs
Wireless LAN Switch/Controller
Growing demand for wireless access and the need to support 4G/LTE connections with small cells within enterprise networks drives the need for secure and agile Wi-Fi deployment in enterprises. Microsemi’s Ethernet switch portfolio is engineered to develop flexible, agile, and secure switch/controller equipment for managing Wi-Fi and small cells. Microsemi also excels in enabling deployment of IEEE 802.3bz 2.5G/5G BASE-T controller/switch equipment for growing bandwidth demand. As a pioneer and innovator in PoE technology, Microsemi uniquely offers future-ready PoE solutions to support the IEEE 802.3bt standard. Industry-leading solutions for IEEE 1588 synchronization round out Microsemi’s complete solution for enterprise WLAN switch/controller equipment.
• Ethernet networking with nanosecond-accurate IEEE 1588 timing and Nx2.5G switch I/O, simplifying IEEE 802.11ac Wi-Fi migration and expediting time to market
• Leading provider of end-to-end PoE ICs and midspans/injectors since 1999, with broadest PoE product portfolio for indoor and outdoor deployments, including highest integration, dynamic power management PSE ICs, future-ready to support the IEEE 802.3bt standard
Watch for the next article in this series, coming soon.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.