Pairing Radiation Tolerance with the CSAC’s Low Power and High performance – brings the accuracy and stability of atomic clocks to Commercial Space applications.
The Microsemi Commercial Space CSAC is the world’s first commercially available radiation-tolerant chip scale atomic clock, providing the accuracy and stability of atomic clock technology while achieving true breakthroughs in reduced size, weight and power consumption. This product is ideal for Low Earth Orbit applications. (Part Number 090-02984-007)
Space CSAC Key Features
● Radiation tolerant to 20krad
● SEL, SEU tested to 64Mev-cm2/mg (contact factory for details)
● Less than 120mW power consumption
● Less than 17cm3 volume
● 35g weight
● ±5.0E-11 accuracy at shipment
● Less than 1E-11 @1000s Short Term Stability (Allan Deviation)
● Less than 9E-10 /mo Aging Rate (Typical)
● -10oC to +70oC Operating Temperature
● 10MHz square wave and 1PPS, both in a CMOS 0V to 3.3V format
● 1PPS input for synchronization
● RS-232 interface for monitoring and control
● Chip Scale Atomic Clock Video
A New Class of Applications
At two orders of magnitude better accuracy than oven-controlled crystal oscillators (OCXOs) – and up to four orders of magnitude better accuracy than temperature-controlled oscillators (TCXOs) – the CSAC’s unmatched portability opens the door to new classes of applications that require radiation tolerance, such as:
● Low Earth Orbit (LEO) commercial satellites
● Military systems including dismounted IED jammers, dismounted radios, GPS receivers, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
● HW platform to evaluate CSAC
● On board socket for CSAC
● HW included to allow mounting of evaluation board
● Wall socket power supply
● RS-232 cable to connect PC to evaluation board
Read more about Chip Scale Atomic Clocks.
Connect with me on LinkedIn; I welcome your feedback and comments.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.