SWITCHTEC PFX, PFX-I, and PFX-L FANOUT PCIe Gen3 SWITCH FAMILIES
Microsemi Switchtec™ PFX Fanout PCIe Gen3 Switch Family is made up of the fully featured PFX switches, industrial PFX-I switches, and price effective PFX-L switches. The PFX, PFX-I, and PFX-L family of switches provide the industry’s highest density, lowest power PCIe switch for data center, communications, defense, and industrial applications. With simple hardware configuration and advanced diagnostics and debug capabilities, these switches enable PCIe solutions for a wide variety of systems from JBOFs (Just a Bunch Of Flash) to general purpose applications requiring low power and high-reliability PCIe switching.
The Switchtec PFX / PFX-I family comprises PCIe switches from 24 lanes to 96 lanes, providing:
- The most flexible port bifurcation in the industry, from x2, x4, x8, x16 lanes per port;
- PFX-I switches support industrial temperature ranges: -40°C (Ta) to +105°C (Tj)
- The highest port and Non-Transparent Bridge (NTB) density, with up to 48 ports and 48 NTBs;
- The highest switch partition density, with up to 24 for efficient use of system resources;
- Advanced error containment and surprise-plug and unplug support to prevent system crashes;
- Advanced diagnostics and debug features to identify, diagnose and fix problems; and
- SRIS for cabled PCIe and lower cost system designs.
- Hot-plug controllers, end-to-end data integrity protection, high-quality, and low-power fifth generation SERDES
- Comprehensive diagnostics and debugging: PCIe generator and analyzer, per-port performance and error counters, multiple loopback modes, and real-time eye capture
- Up to 24 ports, two NTBs, and six virtual switch partitions
- Flexible x4, x8, and x16 port bifurcation with no restrictions on configuring ports as either upstream or downstream, or on mapping ports to NTBs
Download the Switchtec PFX Fanout Family Product Brief.
The Switchtec PFX-L family comprises PCIe switches from 24 lanes to 96 lanes
The Switchtec PFX-L Fanout-Lite PCIe Gen3 Switch Family is composed of PCIe Base Specification 3.1-compliant switches supporting up to 96 lanes, six virtual switch partitions, two non-transparent bridges (NTBs), six hot-plug controllers, and comprehensive diagnostics and debug capabilities.
Typical applications for PFX-L switches include data center equipment, workstations, video production and broadcasting equipment, cellular infrastructure, access networks, metro networks and core networking.