Single Channel FXS VoicePort
Not recommended for new designs.
Use miSLIC Series instead.
|The Le89156 is a cost-optimized 1FXS device for residential VoIP gateways such as voice enabled DSL modems, set-top boxes, and analog terminal adapters.
The device implements FXS functionality by providing the necessary voice interface functions to connect to and power a telephone. On the digital side, the Le89156 provides standard MPI and PCM interfaces to a VoIP processor.
The Le89156, coupled with Microsemi's VoicePath API-II (VP API-II) enables designers to offer a single hardware design that is software programmable for worldwide markets. The VP API-II 'C' code is used to abstract Microsemi devices from application code while providing functions for controlling, supervising, and testing a set of subscriber lines.
- Cost-optimized 1FXS chipset for VoIP access devices
- Implements all the key BORSHT functions
- Built-in DC/DC controller configurable for buck-boost or flyback operation
- Integrated balanced ringing generator capable of driving 5 REN at 70 VPK or 3 REN at 92 VPK
- Standard 8-kHz and Wideband 16-kHz sample rates
- Low power consumption in all modes. Typical on-hook standby power consumption is 120 mW, less than half that of competing solutions
- Single hardware design with software support for worldwide markets
- VoicePath API-II Software
- Significantly reduces development and testing time
- Enables modular designs based on the Le89156 and other members of the VE890 Series for 1FXS, 1FXS+1FXO, and 2FXS+1FXO product variants
- Allows for a seamless migration between products using a common software architecture
- Supported by SDK, development board, and reference designs
- Support for GR-909/TIA-1063 metallic loop (line) testing using VeriVoice Test Suite software
Docs & Specs
Downloads, Firmware and Drivers
- IBIS Models:
- Le89156 IBIS Model
- LE71SK0002: VoicePath API-II Software
- LE71SDKAPIL: API-II Lite
- LE890SLVVP: VeriVoice Professional
- LE890SLVV: Verivoice Auditor
- LE71SDKTK: Microsemi CMPG Toolkit
- ZLS880VVMT: VeriVoice Manufacturing Test Package
- Residential and SOHO VoIP CPE, such as ADSL2+/VDSL2 Integrated Access Devices (IADs)
- Residential VoIP Gateways and Routers