SoftConsole is Microsemi's free software development environment that enables the rapid production of C and C++ executables for Microsemi FPGAs usingARM® Cortex™-M3, Cortex-M1, and Core8051s processors.Libero SoC automatically generates SoftConsole projects and firmware for SoC FPGA designs. SoftConsole includes a fully integrated debugger that offers easy access to memory contents, registers, and single-instruction execution.
SoftConsole provides a flexible and easy-to-use graphical user interface for managing your embedded software development projects. You can quickly develop and debug software programs and implement them in Microsemi FPGAs. SoftConsole enables you to configure project settings, edit and debug software programs, and organize your files. With this tool you have simultaneous access to multiple tool windows and the ability to quickly switch editing and debug views.
- Included in Libero install or standalone
- Eclipse-based IDE
- GNU C/C++ compiler (Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M1)
- SDCC compiler (Core8051s)
- GDB debugger
- FlashPro compatible debug sprite
- Seamless access to and debug of flash memory (SmartFusion™ eNVM, Fusion NVM, external flash)
- Simultaneous access to multiple tool windows
- Fast switch between C/C++ and debug
- One or more perspectives in a workbench window
- Perspectives can be customized by the user
- Provides a direct interface to:
- Compatible with Libero SoC and IDE design flow
|Developing Embedded Applications with ARM Cortex-M1 Processors in Microsemi IGLOO and Fusion FPGAs White Paper||548 KB||3/2009|
User's Guides and Manuals
|Microsemi SoftConsole v3.4 User's Guide||1 MB||4/2013|
|Firmware Catalog v9.1 Online Help||375 KB||1/2011|
|Microsemi SoftConsole v3.1 User's Guide||4 MB||3/2010|
TutorialsNOTE : Please extract design files in the root directory of your local drive (e.g. C :\) using WinRAR. Please refer to the KB article if an error is encountered with SoftConsole. http://soc.microsemi.com/kb/article.aspx?id=KI8879
|SoftConsole FAQ||584 KB||5/2013|
1. You need not install SoftConsole if you have already installed, Libero software
2. SoftConsole v3.4 SP1 is an incremental service pack and is a standalone installer
3. SoftConsole v3.4 SP1 must be installed over SoftConsole v3.4 for use with Libero SoC v11.4
4. You need to verify “<SoftConsole_install_dir>/readme_sp1.txt” file to know the installation status of SoftConsole v3.4 SP1
- Microsemi SoftConsole v3.4 SP1 Software (7/21/14) -Windows® Version(545 KB)
- Microsemi SoftConsole v3.4 Software (4/8/13) - Windows® Version (162 MB)
Notes:For operating system and minimum requirements, check the Libero SoC page for current information.
- Download the SoftConsole_v188.8.131.52_setup.exe file to your local system.
Note: Do not attempt to install the software directly from the web. That feature is not supported.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the SoftConsole_v184.108.40.206_setup.exe file.
Or, in a DOS Shell, type SoftConsole_xx.exe at the command prompt.
SoftConsole does not require a Libero based license.
SoftConsole is freely licensed for use with Microsemi FPGA designs. SoftConsole contains Open Source elements, and the individual licenses for these elements are included in the SoftConsole License Agreement that is presented during the installation process for your review.