Advancing "Ethernet Everywhere" In Next-Generation Networks
Globally, networks are undergoing a massive transition. For most networks, this means a migration to packet-based Ethernet. Originally conceived for use in Local Area Networks (LANs), Ethernet is the dominant networking technology for today's IP traffic in carrier and enterprise networks. Ethernet is also increasingly the common denominator in a myriad of other networking applications such as industrial process control, smart grid energy distribution, intelligent transportation, automotive, storage and more.
|Ethernet PHY ICs
Highly advanced feature integration at low power, compact footprint and low cost
|Ethernet Switch ICs
Engineered for reliability, interoperability and scalability
|Ethernet IP Cores
Critical building blocks for your ASIC, FPGA or ASSP logic designs
Feature-rich software complementing Microsemi's Ethernet IC portfolio
|PoE PD ICs
Available with and without integrated PWM controllers, IC portfolio to receive power
|PoE PSE ICs
Capable of delivering up to 95W over a single Cat5 cable
|PoE Midspans / PoE Injectors / PoE Switches
Complete systems to inject Power over Ethernet in an intelligent way
|SyncE & IEEE 1588 PLLs
Flexible options for easy migration from SyncE to IEEE 1588 or combined SyncE and IEEE 1588 for both frequency and time alignment
Microsemi is an innovator and thought leader in Ethernet technologies with a broad portfolio – including Ethernet ICs, systems, software, IP and ecosystem solutions – specifically architected for Ethernet networking applications in multiple settings including carrier, enterprise and industrial IoT.
- ICs & Systems: Microsemi’s flexible Ethernet solutions portfolio includes ICs such as Ethernet switches and PHYs, and Power over Ethernet (PoE), complemented by signal conditioners and timing and synchronization solutions. Unlike traditional Ethernet switch IC providers, Microsemi focuses on low bandwidth, high feature IC switch architectures that deliver sizable low power, reliability and scalability advantages. For network infrastructure deployment, Microsemi also offers systems such as PoE midspans / injectors for powering indoor and outdoor deployment scenarios, as well as grandmasters and network time servers.
- Software: To reduce your development costs and time to market, Microsemi’s comprehensive software choices include IEEE 1588 timing, as well as mature, flexible and fully supported Ethernet software stacks.
- IP: Microsemi offers a variety of IP technology cores for licensing and design services in process technologies, providing critical building blocks for your ASIC, FPGA or ASSP designs.
- Ecosystem: Through Microsemi’s ecosystem, customers may also access our MEF CE 2.0-certifiable ODM turnkey solutions.
- Differentiated Ethernet switch silicon and software
- Most secured Ethernet PHYs with end-to-end security over any network while preserving network timing
- Industry leader in IEEE 1588 with most widely deployed PLLs and leading implementation of highest accuracy IEEE 1588v2 timing on Ethernet PHYs and switches
- Leading provider of end-to-end PoE ICs and midspans / injectors since 1999, with broadest PoE product portfolio for indoor and outdoor deployments including PoE ICs delivering power (PSE), receiving power (PD), and wide range of PoE injectors injecting up to 95W over a single Category 5/5E/6/6A/7 cable
- Flexible signal conditioner and crosspoint switch solutions with outstanding channel equalization performance
- Industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of SyncE timing devices, providing G.8262 compliance and ultra-low jitter for PHYs up to 100G
To address the technical and operational challenges driven by the explosive growth of video bandwidth requirements in Carrier networks, Microsemi's Ethernet networking portfolio is widely used in Mobile Access equipment including base stations, small cells, fiber and microwave wireless backhaul, as well as Cloud Access equipment such as network interface devices (NIDs) and Ethernet access devices (EADs) to deliver business services.
Microsemi offers the industry’s only service-aware switch architecture, along with the industry’s only turnkey solution for MEF CE 2.0 Carrier Ethernet equipment and appliances.
Enterprises also face networking challenges for voice and data services within the organization itself. Increasingly, enterprise networks include broadband connections to Carrier networks for the broader communication of voice and data outside the enterprise, particularly for access to cloud-based services. Microsemi's Ethernet networking portfolio addresses a variety of enterprise network equipment including blade server and data center switches and routers, cloud-managed switches, Layer 2 and Layer 3 managed Ethernet switches, high-density routers, HDTV video, storage, WLAN access points, IP phones and more.
Microsemi also offers PoE midspans and PoE switches for indoor and outdoor applications, fit for multiple industries including financial services, education, retail, healthcare, transportation and government.
Industrial IoT Networking
Fieldbus protocols have long dominated networking communications within industrial IoT (IIoT) applications. However, vastly higher networking and bandwidth requirements of IIoT networks has now made Ethernet the inevitable upgrade path to modernize these heterogeneous network architectures.
Microsemi is the only IC, systems and software provider with a power-optimized, flexible and reliable industrial Ethernet networking portfolio that supports Ethernet interfaces and fieldbus protocols. Our portfolio supports a broad range of industrial Ethernet applications, such as industrial process control, smart grid energy distribution, transportation, and automotive, enabling highly reliable, secure IIoT networks.
Why Choose Microsemi for Ethernet?
Microsemi has extensive systems understanding and Ethernet networking expertise, solving general industry needs for over 30 years, along with our customers' specific challenges. With our industry-leading product portfolio including semiconductors, systems, software, IP and ecosystem solutions, Microsemi solutions are engineered to help you design, deploy or manage your Ethernet-based networks.
Contact your local Microsemi sales office today to find the right technologies and solutions for your Ethernet networking needs.