Ready to put your education to work? If you are a recent college graduate or have two years or less work experience, Microsemi can offer you the opportunity and challenges to grow through mentorship and development. Microsemi produces a range of products in the areas of high reliability and high-performing analog mixed signals. Each area of our business provides a wealth of employment opportunities.
Through on-the-job experience and team collaboration with talented professionals around the world, you’ll continue to learn and grow. The diversity of our workforce, one of our core values, lends us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
We invite you to learn more about working for Microsemi:
Insider Perspectives — Find out from our talented employees around the world what it’s like to work here.
Compensation & Benefits — Learn more about Microsemi’s competitive pay and comprehensive benefits programs.
Career Growth Opportunities— Take advantage of continuing education and training to help you cultivate your skills and expand your career.
Diversity and Outreach
Our Diversity Commitment
Microsemi values individual and group diversity. We work together to leverage diversity in order to build the most productive, engaged and inclusive workforce. We strive to create an environment in which all employees are fully valued and positioned to do their best work every day. We are committed to:
- Creating and sustaining a respectful and inclusive environment and culture, to support retention of a diverse workforce
- Attracting and recruiting from a diverse pool of candidates; and focusing on identifying and leveraging the most effective sources for qualified talent
- Aligning diversity with human resources practices, including integration with business planning and operations
- Assuring representation of the diversity of the company in internal and external communications
Our talented employees are as diverse as the semiconductor solutions we offer. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.
Our Outreach Commitment
To establish and maintain effective affirmative action programs for equal opportunity employment, we want to ensure that a wide net is cast in order to target, reach, encourage, and include applicants who may not be sourced through standard recruitment methods. The goal is to obtain a qualified, diverse applicant pool.
Open positions are posted to targeted diversity sites and resources, encouraging application by minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals in any other legally protected status. Microsemi's diversity management strategy also incorporates the building and maintaining of strong, personal relationships with key contacts in local diversity-focused community groups and organizations.
At Microsemi Corporation, we recognize that we owe our success to our employees and strive to create a supportive environment where our employees can thrive. We're committed to providing substantial benefit packages that include competitive salaries, extensive health insurance options, generous 401(k) packages with matching funds, educational tuition reimbursement, and flexible vacation and leave alternatives for individuals, families, and military personnel.
Please note the following benefits overview is applicable for US-based employees only. Benefit packages vary by geographic regions. Eligibility for most benefits begins on hire date. Eligible dependents are covered up to age 26. For more detailed information on specific benefits, please contact the local Human Resources office.
Health & Wellness
Full-time and most part-time employees are eligible for medical insurance coverage. Our package includes
- Comprehensive medical (HMOs and PPOs)
- Vision benefits.
- Complete dental care, including orthodontia.
- Long-term care for employee and relatives (including parents & parents-in-law).
- An employee assistance program with confidential counseling services for employees and their family members
- Voluntary medical benefits through Aflac such as Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Accident Insurance.
- Voluntary legal services through Hyatt Legal
- Life insurance. Guaranteed issue (Evidence of Insurability not required) for optional life insurance coverage is $250,000 for eligible employees and $50,000 for spouses.
- Short and long-term disability provided at no cost to eligible employees.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) with a debit card for FSA medical.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with debit card. Eligible employees may contribute pre-tax funds up to the IRS annual limit to be used for health expenses.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan. Eligible employees may elect to contribute up to a certain percentage of their pre-tax total compensation, not to exceed the annual limits established by the Internal Revenue Service.
Personal and Professional Enrichment
- Flexible work schedules (at some locations, depending on job eligibility).
- 11 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation time, accrued each pay period based on years of service
- Educational reimbursement. Eligible employees are encouraged to continue learning within their profession or career. Accordingly, all full-time employees may be eligible to receive tuition reimbursement for educational courses directly related to their position with the company.
- Career growth. Microsemi offers employees various opportunities for job/career development, including training seminars, conferences, and educational forums.
Sharing in Microsemi Success
At Microsemi, we share our success with the employees who make it possible.
- Bonus programs. Eligible employees may receive bonuses based on their performance and company performance.
- Profit sharing. Employees may be eligible to receive a portion of the company annual profits based on corporate guidelines.
- Stock awards. Employees may be eligible to receive awards based on their position and corporate guidelines.
- Employee referral program. Exceptional individuals often keep the same company. Current employees who refer applicants who join the Microsemi team are eligible to receive a lump-sum bonus.
- Patent award program. To encourage and stimulate patent generation and recognize employees for the intellectual property they generate, Microsemi rewards employees for patents that are of direct or indirect use to our business efforts.
- Convenient on-site services such as a cafeteria, dry cleaning, and gym (at some locations).
Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision... It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. —Andrew Carnegie
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. —George S. Patton
Our employees describe our culture as close knit, supportive, flexible, and growth-oriented. They talk about being part of a team or big family where members interact with respect and trust and are encouraged to pursue growth opportunities and to participate fully. They celebrate the positive balance of work and family life, the autonomy and freedom they have to fulfill their potential at Microsemi as well as the financial, personal, and professional rewards.
Get the inside scoop direct from Microsemi employees.
Click here for Insider Perspectives
Code of Ethics
High achievement always takes place in a framework of high expectation.
The Microsemi Code of Ethicswas created to express our commitment to the highest standards of business practices. Our policies and procedures address a variety of topics designed to reflect our respect for and adherence to all applicable business and industry laws, rules, and regulations.
From international trade to environmental responsibility, financial reporting to safety and health issues, our Code of Ethics reflects our core values and provides our directors, officers, and employees with a benchmark for professional excellence.
For a detailed outline and descriptions of our ethical standards and practices, as well as applicable in-house documents, please click here.
How to Apply
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
At Microsemi, we value ingenuity, imagination, and a can do attitude that makes the impossible possible. If you're a self starter who likes challenges and can think outside of the box, you'll have plenty of opportunities to thrive. We invite you to explore the possibilities at Microsemi. Invent your future and innovate with us.
Microsemi Corp. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and any other legally protected basis. We are committed to inclusion and diversity.
Click Below to Search Current Opportunites
Apply for our openings online by submitting your resume. Simply set-up your account and create a short profile. Once you apply, we can contact you regarding that position and others. Once you’ve established your account, you can log in any time to update your resume or apply for other positions. You can also set up a Job Agent to do your searching for you so that you automatically receive email notification when jobs of interest to you are posted.
Phone interview process:
All resumes are evaluated by a Human Resources Recruiter. If your background, skills, and experience meet the position requirements, we will usually conduct a phone interview. If there is mutual interest, we’ll schedule an on-site interview.
On-site interviews usually involve speaking to a Human Resources Recruiter, department supervisors or managers, and in some cases, department employees. You may be asked to return for multiple on-site interviews.
What Happens Next
At Microsemi, hiring decisions are made by hiring teams that consider the best fit for both the individual and company. We want to make sure you have a good sense of Microsemi and our culture. We believe, the more you know Microsemi, the more you’ll want to join us. We’ve found the time we invest in this pre-hire phase pays dividends in the long-term outcomes for all.
As such, the process takes time. Your Microsemi Human Resources Recruiter will do his/her best to keep you updated on your status and to notify you when a decision has been made.