IC & Systems for WLAN (Wi-Fi) Access Point Design & Deployment
Microsemi offers a broad product line for WLAN Access Points, including Power over Ethernet (PoE) midspans for both indoor and outdoor deployments that include industrial grade PoE systems, PoE ICs, diode bridges, TVS diodes, switching regulators, RF power amplifiers, RF linear amplifiers and RF front end modules.
Ready to learn more? Contact your local Microsemi sales office today to find the right technologies and products for your wireless access point design and deployment needs.
|WLAN Front End Modules (FEM)|
|WLAN Linear Amplifiers (LNA)|
|WLAN Power Amplifiers (PA)|
WLAN AP PoE ICs
Systems for WLAN (Wi-Fi) Access Point Deployment & Management
The installation of Wireless Access Points (WLAN APs) knows no bounds; schools and universities, corporations, healthcare facilities, service providers are all looking for easy cost-effective ways to install WLAN Access Points (WAPs) and expand the wireless capabilities on their campus, both for indoor and outdoor deployments. Further, network flexibility is required to optimize ROI on perpetual network upgrades.
Microsemi's mdspans are compatible with existing IEEE 802.3 standard Ethernet Switches allowing you to buy only the PoE you need, when you need it, delivering easy, lowest cost of ownership ways to build flexible networks.
- Available in 1,4,6,12 and 24 port models
- Plug and play installation makes it easier than ever to support IP convergence while reducing the man-hours required for installation.
- Imagine installing WLAN APs without the need to replace or even reconfigure your Switch.
- Industrial grade and ruggedized PoE systems with extended temperature grade support for outdoor WLAN AP deployments
Unique PowerView Pro web-based power management tool continues this ease of installation through the life time of ownership by providing features such as:
- Remote reboot a field-based device from the convenience of your desktop
- Device prioritization to ensure optimal device life in case of external power failures
Network upgrades involve both fixed and invisible costs not all of which are plainly obvious in calculating the cost of a solution. Considering both the immediate capex values with long-term opex costs, midspans offer a significant savings over alternative PoE switch solutions.
- Warranty is offered at no-charge on most devices as opposed to service contract costs – Power is a frequent and unnecessary point of failure in electronic devices due to the heat generated
- PowerView Pro's device scheduling for automatic powering on/off during periods of planned non-use
- Buying only the PoE you need in the power-levels you need reduces unnecessary Capex
- Decoupling power from data increases the lifespan of data devices allowing you to replace the Switch as performance requires while maintaining PoE device indefinitely.
- Unique EEPoE technology on Microsemi's Green PoE devices reduces power consumption cost as 50% less power is lost over the cable.
Save money, increase flexibility by installing Microsemi's midspans during your next wireless network upgrade.
Contact your local Microsemi sales office today.